Troy Police K-9 released from hospital after being stabbed
A Troy Police dog stabbed multiple times during a robbery arrest early Wednesday morning has been released from the hospital.
Norbi was released Wednesday afternoon.
Meantime, a suspect was arraigned in 13 charges related to the stabbing. Curtis Knockwood, 25, stabbed Norbi approximately 12 times, said Troy Police.
Bail was not set because of Knockwood prior felonies. He already on parole before this, investigators told NewsChannel 13.
This began when police were called to the Emerald Greens neighborhood in Troy for a suspected burglary around 4 a.m. Wednesday. Norbi and his handler were searching for Knockwood at the time.
Multiple residents in the area called police to say Knockwood was attempting to break into their home.
Norbi was able to track down Knockwood in a wooded area, but when police tried to take him into custody, Knockwood began stabbing Norbi multiple times.
Backup was called, and Norbi was rushed to the vet.
Another officer trying to assist with the arrest broke his foot, investigators said.
Knockwood was arraigned on 13 charges:
· Attempted Burglary 2nd (2 Counts)
· Burglary 3rd (1 Count)
· Criminal Possession of Burglars Tools (1 Count)
· Criminal Mischief 4th (1 Count)
· Petit Larceny (1 Count)
· Criminal Trespass 3rd (1 Count)
· Resisting Arrest (1 Count)
· Assault 2nd (1 Count)
· Menacing a Police Officer (1 Count)
· Criminal Possession of a Weapon (1 Count)
· Injuring a Police Animal (1 Count)
· Aggravated Cruelty to an Animal (1 Count)