Checklist to help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning

As you turn up your heat, it’s important to make sure you’re preventing carbon monoxide poisoning.

Roughly 50,000 people in the United States go to the emergency room every year for it, the Centers for Disease Control said.

Common symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, dizziness, light headedness, nausea and vomiting.

With significant exposures, you could collapse and go into cardiac arrest.

It’s important to make sure you have working detectors in your home.

Your furnace and water heater should be serviced annually. Don’t forget to also clear out debris from vents.