The benefits of a good night’s sleep
Want to improve your health and possibly live longer?
Researchers say you better add good sleep to your list of healthy habits.
A new study finds people who get high quality sleep have a lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease and cancer, compared to people with poor sleep habits.
Researchers say good sleepers also have a longer life expectancy than those who struggle to regularly catch some solid sleep.
Researchers say five healthy sleep habits are critical:
- Getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night
- Falling asleep easily most nights
- Staying asleep most nights
- Waking up rested most mornings
- Not using any sleep medications
Men in the study who slept well got a larger life expectancy boost than women. More research will be done on that in the future.