Wolf Road hotel fire was accidental
We’re learning more about a fire that broke out in Colonie early Saturday morning.
Colonie police tell us the fire broke out around 3 a.m., at The Red Lion Hotel, on Wolf Road.
Police say the fire was contained to one room on the top floor and was quickly put out.
That hotel has been vacant for a long time.
Investigators believe the fire was probably started accidentally by someone who was in the building illegally.
Police say over the past few weeks, they believe homeless people have been staying in the building.