Woman charged with possession of weapons, controlled substances, child endangerment after pursuit
The Albany County Sheriff’s Office arrested Christina M. Wright, 29, on October 27 for criminal possession of controlled substances and weapons.
Wright was driving in the Village of Ravena when she fled deputies at approximately 5:30 p.m. Friday, said Albany County Sheriff’s. A 10-year-old child was present in the vehicle Wright was driving. After a brief pursuit, deputies arrested Wright.
During the traffic stop deputies said they discovered that Wright was in possession of a loaded 9mm Taurus handgun and quantities of controlled substances.
Wright was charged with:
- One count of second degree criminal possession of a weapon (class C felony)
- Two counts of third degree criminal possession of a weapon (class D felony)
- Two counts of seventh degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (class A misdemeanor)
- One count of endangering the welfare of a child (class A misdemeanor)
- One count of aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle (unclassified misdemeanor)
- Several other vehicle and traffic violations
She was taken into custody and arraigned in the Town of Coeymans Court. Wright was remanded to the Albany County Correctional Facility.