Woman admits to sending racist death threats to Catskill man
By WNYT
Updated: November 9, 2024 - 4:08 PM Published: November 8, 2024 - 7:40 PM
Video Player is loading.
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:00
Loaded: 0%
0:00
Stream Type LIVE
Remaining Time -0:00
1x
Chapters
descriptions off, selected
captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
captions off, selected
This is a modal window.
Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.
End of dialog window.
Woman pleads guilty to sending racist text messages
A South Carolina woman admitted she sent racist death threats to a Catskill man.
Kristin Keeble, 54, sent the four profanity-laced messages through Facebook Messenger last month, said investigators, and allegedly claimed she was part of the Ku Klux Klan.
The messages threatened both the victim and people he knew, including his kids.
Keeble and the man did not know each other, investigators said. She ascertained the victim was Black through his Facebook photo, according to investigators.
She faces up to five years in prison, a $250,000 fine and three years of supervised released when she’s sentenced in March.